Higher Diploma in Business Studies
EdD, EdUHK, MA, BBA,UNB, Canada
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Total no. of credits||60 credits|
|Year||Tuition Fee (HK$)|
For students with a HKDSE score of 12 or above (2 core subjects + 3 elective subjects)
|Guaranteed Overseas Study Visit|
|At least 1 overseas study visit to widen students’ exposure|
|Directly articulate to senior year entry of BBA(EM) and other majors of the BBA (Honours) programme offered by TWC|
- apply professional knowledge and skills to analyse and solve problems in business management and operation;
- perform fundamental tasks effectively, responsibly and ethically in both profit and non-profit organisations by demonstrating a strong commitment to work, a good sense of social responsibility and civic values;
- employ a wide range of generic skills (such as languages, information technology, communication, critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills) to evaluate and present information for employment and studies;
- communicate effectively in both Chinese and English in business context; and
- analyse issues from different perspectives and master the ability to learn independently for continuous self-development.
- Practical curriculum with real-life examples taught by experienced professors and industry practitioners (including business professionals and entrepreneurs)
- Comprehensive syllabus covering both profit and non-profit organizations to enhance employability
- Unique courses in entrepreneurship, and Belt and Road etc. to enrich students’ knowledge
- Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
- Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 12
- At least 1 guaranteed overseas study visit arranged to widen students’ horizon and exposure
- Direct articulation into TWC’s BBA and BBAEM upon completion
|CHI1002||Applied Chinese Language||ENG2012||English for Business Contexts|
|ENG1001||Developing English Language Skills|
|ACY1011||Financial Accounting||MGT2211||Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship|
|ACY2301||Legal Environment of Business||MGT2214||Management of Non-profit Organizations|
|BUS1003||Quantitative Methods for Business Decisions||MGT3131||Operations Management|
|BUS2005||Information Technology and Multimedia Applications||MGT4001||Small Business Management|
|BUS2999||Final Project||MKT2001||Marketing Principles|
|ECN1002||Microeconomics||MKT2213||Marketing and Fund-raising for Non-profit Organizations|
|MGT1001||Introduction to Management||+ Two Discipline elective courses|
|General Education courses|
|+ Select one course from the College’s GE course list|
Career Prospects and Further Studies
Graduates will have the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in the commercial/industrial, governmental, and non-profit sectors.
Graduates will be suficiently prepared for appointment at para-professional level in different positions, for example, as accounting trainees, bank front-desk oficers, in various business sectors, including but not limited to accounting, banking and finance, marketing, and non-profit organisations.
Graduates will be able to directly articulate to TWC’s BBA and BBA(EM). They can also articulate to any business-related bachelor’s degree programmes offered by other institutions.
Year 1 entry to Sub-Degree Programmes
For Year 1 entry to sub-degree programmes, applicants should meet one of the following requirements:
- Have obtained Level 2 in five HKDSE subjects including Chinese Language and English Language (“22+222”)*. (Each applicant is allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning subjects in the application); OR
- Have obtained a pass in one AL subject or passes in two AS subjects in HKALE and five passes in HKCEE including Chinese Language and English Language; OR
- Have obtained a pass in one AL subject or passes in two AS subjects in HKALE and three passes in HKCEE plus Level 2 for Chinese Language and English Language; OR
- Have successfully completed a Pre-Associate Degree programme; OR
- Have successfully completed Yi Jin Diploma programme; OR
- Have met the 2nd cut-off line of the respective province for admission to mainland key universities in the National Joint College Entrance Examination (JEE) (普通高等學校聯合招生考試(JEE,PRC)達到所屬省市報讀第二批重點高校分數線以上); OR
- Have obtained equivalent qualifications
A senior executive in the industry shares with our students on non-profit organisation management.
|Q1:||What are the unique features of the programme?|
|A1:||In addition to common business-related foundation courses in different business areas and generic skills, our Higher Diploma (HD) programme offers two unique features that can broaden the career choices of graduates, and there are English support and programmes.
|Q2:||Will it be difficult for me to study the programme? My English is not so good. What kind of support will the college provide to help me study the programme?|
|A2:||No! The programme has been carefully designed so that students should not find it difficult if they follow the prescribed study plan.
We have English enhancement courses. If your DSE English result is below Level 3, you will need to take two non-credit-bearing English enhancement courses before formally registering in the first credit-bearing academic English course. This will strengthen your English foundation. Students normally find tertiary level courses difficult because their English is weak. If you fix your English, and you work hard, you will not find the courses difficult.
There are two full-time English language officers on duty on weekdays (except public holidays) at the Centre for Academic and Professional Language Enhancement (CAPLE) to help students in their English. Students may drop by the centre or make appointment for one-on-one consultation in their English problems. Students may also participate in various activities organized by CAPLE to practice their English. CAPLE activities are published on its website: http://www.twc.edu.hk/caple.
|Q3:||What kind of work can I do after graduation from the programme?|
|A3:||The programme aims to provide students with a wide spectrum of fundamental business knowledge and skills required for their employment at the para-professional level. Graduates will be able to apply for entry level jobs in accounting, banking, finance, and marketing. Therefore, students can enter the labor force in any business area. Since the unique features of the programme lie on entrepreneurship and non-profit organizations, graduates of the programme will have advantage in applying for entry level trainee jobs of NPOs.|
|Q4:||Do graduates have priority to be offered employment by the TWGHs?|
|A4:||TWGHs is a fair organization. It normally openly advertises its job openings. However, graduates of the programme will have advantage because they would have taken some NPO-related courses, such as Management of NPOs, and Marketing and Fund-raising for NPOs.|
|Q5:||What kind of programme can I articulate into after graduation from the programme if I choose to continue my studies?|
|A5:||Graduates of the programme can articulate into TWC’s various BBA programmes with the following transfer credits:
BBA (Entrepreneurship and Management): 54 credits;
Higher Diploma in Business Studies
|1||17 Jan 2017||創業與管理學將創意轉為生意 工商管理（榮譽）學士學位課程培養商管人才 (明報)|