副学位课程一般资料（只提供英文版本）Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science4 years full-time
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme provides the foundation training for adopting a career in Medical Laboratory Science:
- To develop students’ competence in medical testing with wide knowledge base in the application of analytical science in medicine.
- To equip the student with critical and analytical thinking skills for solving complex clinical problems in laboratory medicine.
- To prepare the student to be an effective and efficient healthcare practitioner for participation in contemporary clinical care paths.
- The first year will mainly focus on General Education and foundation scientific learning. From the second year onwards, students will be taught the principles and practice of the 4 major specialties of Medical Laboratory Science: Anatomical & Cellular Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Haematology & Transfusion Science, and Medical Microbiology & Virology.
- There will be a 12-week clinical practicum in the first semester of the fourth year during which students will receive practical training in public and/ or private hospital medical laboratories.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits135 creditsJUPAS Catalogue No.JSST02
Applicants should submit applications through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS). There are NO self-financing places for this programme.
Programme LeaderProfessor Joseph LeePhD, The University of Hong Kong, HK
Chartered Scientist and Chartered Chemist, UK
Fellow, National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry, USA
Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist (Part I), HKEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$69,010Year 2$69,010Year 3$69,010Year 4$69,010Programme Total$276,040
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2022/23 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $77,040 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
QF level5QR registration no.17/000003/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2027