Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationHigher Diploma in Psychology2 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to equip students with foundational psychological knowledge and skills to develop a career in human services, especially in social welfare and healthcare settings. Students will learn the interaction between psychological and social factors in shaping psychological wellbeing, personal development and group behaviours. Graduates will be able to apply knowledge, communication and interpersonal skills, a caring attitude as well as professional ethics to work in health and social care and related services. They can also pursue further study in psychology and other related disciplines.
- Degree accredited by HKCAAVQ, admitted into QF Level 4
- Direct articulation into TWC’s BSSc (Applied Psychology) upon completion
- Internship relevant to the field of psychology and social services at TWGHs or other organizations to enhance employability
- Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
- Attractive entrance scholarship provided to local and non-local students
- Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
- Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
- Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists
Guaranteed Overseas Study VisitAt least 1 overseas study visit to broaden students’ exposure
InternshipAt least 240 hours of full-time context-related internship
Mode of StudyMedium of instructionEnglishTotal no. of credits60 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Iris SUNDoctor of Philosophy in Psychology, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of MacauMaster of Education in Educational Psychology, Faculty of Education, University of MacauBSc in Applied Psychology, Guangzhou University of Chinese MedicineEmail: [email protected]
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$63,070Year 2$63,070Programme Total$126,140
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
Entrance ScholarshipsPlease click here for details.
QF level4QR registration no.16/000198/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2025
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Forensic Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology