Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationHigher Diploma in Psychology2 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThe programme aims to equip students with foundational psychological knowledge and skills to develop a career in human services, especially in social welfare and healthcare settings. Students will learn the interaction between psychological and social factors in shaping psychological wellbeing, personal development and group behaviours. Graduates will be able to apply knowledge, communication and interpersonal skills, caring attitude as well as professional ethics to work in health and social care and related services. They can also pursue further study in psychology and other related disciplines.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits60 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Vincent TsePh.D. Psychology at Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College LondonB.Sc. in Biochemistry, McMaster University, CanadaB.Sc. in Psychology, McMaster University, CanadaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$59,050Year 2$59,050Programme Total$118,100Annual Average$59,050
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in social welfare and healthcare settings
Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists.
Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 12
Direct articulation into TWC’s BSS upon completion
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2020/2021 EntrySelection criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the HD(Psy) Programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 12 or aboveHK$ 20,000
Any other 3 subjects but not more than 2 Applied Learning subjects
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 20,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level4QR registration no.16/000198/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2022
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology