Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
Our Services+ Prospective Students+ Current Students
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
NEWS & EVENTSThere are no news and events yetCourse Exemption / Credit TransferApplication Procedure
- Academic Calendar
- Student Handbook
- Course Registration
- Course Exemption / Credit Transfer
- Examination Arrangements
- General Education Curriculum (for students admitted in 2018/2019 and thereafter)
- PowerCAMPUS Self-Service
- PowerCAMPUS Self-Service User Guide (for Students)
- Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Adverse Weather Arrangement
- Students should apply for course exemption/credit transfer (i) no later than the add/drop period of the first semester of first year of study (for academic qualifications attained prior to admission) or (ii) before the commencement of the nearest semester following the attainment of additional qualification (for academic qualifications attained during student exchange). Late applications are normally NOT accepted.
- Only course(s) taken at tertiary education institution(s) which is/are equivalent in subject and level to the specific course(s) offered by the College will be considered for course exemption/credit transfer.
- Complete Sections A to C of the application form (REG-01, obtainable at Download Area) and prepare the following documents:
- Originals and copies of the academic transcript(s) showing the grade/score attained; and
- Copies of course outlines of the course(s) taken at tertiary education institution(s).
- Pay the application fee (HK$145 per credit).
For cash payment, pay the fee at the Finance Office (10/F, Mongkong Campus Tower A);
For Octopus/EPS payment, pay the fee at the Registry (8/F, King’s Park Campus).
- Submit the completed application form and relevant documents to the Registry (8/F, King’s Park Campus).
[Note: Originals of the academic transcript(s) have to be presented for verification. Other supporting documents will NOT be returned to students. Students are advised to keep a copy of the supporting documents.]
- Since the application for course exemption/credit transfer has to be considered and decided by the respective School, the processing time may vary. The Registry will inform the applicants of the results as soon as they are available. If students currently enroll in the course, they are advised to attend the class as scheduled until the application is formally approved.
- Credits earned from previous studies should remain valid at the time when the student applies for course exemption/credit transfer. The validity period of course credits earned is 8 years from the year of attainment.
- Under normal circumstances, a student will not be granted credit transfer for more than 50% of the total credit units of the programme. For credit transfer from programmes offered by TWC, a maximum of not more than 65% of the credit requirement for award can be transferred. The application fee will NOT be refunded if the application is rejected due to exceeding the credit transfer limit.
- The College reserves the right to disapprove credit transfer for courses which are not deemed to be equivalent to the College courses (e.g. less than 80% in similarity) and for courses with grades below the equivalence of grade C in the College grading system.
- The application should be assessed and recommended by the Programme Leader (who may seek advice from the Course Instructor if deemed appropriate) and approved by the School Dean of the concerned student’s programme of study. The student may be required to take an assessment for the consideration of course exemption/credit transfer.
- Application for course exemption/credit transfer will NOT be allowed if students have already registered and completed the course at the College, regardless of the grade achieved. The application fee will NOT be refunded if the application is rejected under this circumstance.
- If the application for credit transfer is approved, the student is considered to have completed the course concerned, and granted the equivalent credits.
- If the application for course exemption is approved, he/she should take other course(s) to make up for the total number of credits required for graduation.
- Course exemption/credit transfer are recorded without inclusion in the grade point average (GPA) calculation.