Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme LeafletsThe programme provides multiple and flexible admission routes (including Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) and non-JUPAS) for the first-year entry or the senior-year entry based on applicants’ circumstances.In addition to a route through JUPAS, holders of a relevant programme at QF level 3 or 4, together with a certain period of relevant work experience, can apply for the programme via the non-JUPAS route.Practitioners who are interested in further study or those with relevant work experience can also apply for the programme through the “recognition of prior learning” (RPL) route after the successful completion of relevant assessments via the Hong Kong Association of Gerontology.For details, please refer to https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Programmes/bsag/admission_requirement.
Programme DescriptionFollowing the ageing population, better services and supporting facilities are required to facilitate life enhancement and positivity among older adults and build up an age-friendly community, from housing accommodation, transportation, health management, leisure activities, senior volunteering, asset management to learning courses and so on.The programme aims to nurture professionals in gerontology. The programme content is multi-disciplinary, covering the required knowledge and skills in a wider diversity of contexts in multi-disciplines, such as community support, primary care, and other relevant sectors related to the ageing population. The objectives are:
- to equip students with knowledge, skills, values and attitudes necessary for competent gerontological application in diverse settings;
- to develop students’ ethical, responsible, caring attributes and outlook in performing gerontological duties;
- to provide students with opportunities to apply gerontology and interdisciplinary theories in practice settings; and
- to develop students’ interest in and skills for professional and personal development.
Mode of StudyMedium of instructionEnglishTotal no. of credits122.5 creditsJUPAS catalogue no.JSST06
Programme LeaderDr. Daniel LEUNGPhD, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
MSocSc (with distinction), The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
BSSc, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Chartered Psychologist (United Kingdom)Email: [email protected]
Tuition FeeFirst Year EntryTuition Fee (HK$)
(with subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)
(without subsidy)Year 1$39,220$85,030Year 2$39,220$85,030Year 3$39,220$85,030Year 4$39,220$85,030Programme Total$156,880$340,120Senior Year Entry is availableAssociate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.Senior Year EntryTuition Fee (HK$)
(with subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)
(without subsidy)Year 1$39,220$85,030Year 2$39,220$85,030Programme Total$78,440$170,060
Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2024/25 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $45,810 for non-laboratory-based undergraduate programmes. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau
All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
Entrance ScholarshipsPlease click here for details.
QF level5QR registration no.22/000556/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2027
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Forensic Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology