Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThe programme aims to equip students with comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of psychology and enables them to apply this knowledge in social welfare, educational, healthcare and various work settings. The programme will also equip students with critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills necessary to conduct scientific studies. Students will develop their interpersonal competencies in self-awareness, appreciation and acceptance of individual differences and cultural diversity as well as their commitment to ethical and professional behaviours throughout the programme. Graduates can pursue careers in psychology and related fields as well as further study in professional areas of psychology.From 2020/2021 entry, the programme structure of Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology (2020/2021 Entry) has been updated by adding 7 new Applied Psychology discipline course:
Courses 1 Fundamental Skills to Counselling 2 Historical and Contemporary Issues in Psychology 3 Parenting and Child Development 4 Advanced Counselling Skills 5 Career Development and Planning 6 Children and Adolescents with Special Needs 7 Play and Art TherapyThe new programme structure will focus more on the application of psychology-specific content and skills, sharpen student readiness for graduate school or further professional training, and optimize the competitiveness of graduates for securing places in the workforce.
Mode of StudyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits120 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Beeto LeungPhD in Psychology, HKU,MPhil in Psychology, BSocSc, CUHKEmail: email@example.com
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Year 1$60,750$28,650Year 2$60,750$28,650Year 3$78,300$46,200Year 4$78,300$46,200Programme Total$278,100$149,700Annual Average$69,525$37,425
Senior Year Entry is available
- Associate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
First Year Tuition Fee: HK$ 46,200
Total Tuition Fee: HK$ 92,400
- The College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2020/2021 academic year, the annual subsidy is $32,100. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Degree accredited by HKCAAVQ, admitted into QF Level 5
Eligible to apply for membership of relevant local and oversea professional bodies
Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
Work-integrated Learning Programme to provide guaranteed summer internship relevant to the field of psychology and social services at TWGHs or other organizations to enhance employability
Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists.
Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 15
At least 1 guaranteed overseas study visit arranged to widen students’ horizon and exposure
Eligible to apply for local and oversea professional Master Programmes
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2021/2022 EntryAwarding criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 14 or aboveFULL scholarship after deduction of the subsidy under NMTSS in the first year of study
one Elective / Applied Learning subject
All Senior Year students admitted to the programme with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 3.0 or above, or equivalent.
HK$ 40,000 N/A
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 30,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.17/000512/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2022
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology