Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate ProgrammeNews & Events
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to equip students with comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of psychology and enables them to apply this knowledge in social welfare, educational, healthcare and various work settings. Graduates can pursue careers in psychology and related fields as well as further study in professional areas of psychology. The objectives are:
- To equip students with critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills necessary to conduct scientific studies;
- To develop students’ interpersonal competencies in self-awareness, appreciation and acceptance of individual differences and cultural diversity as well as their commitment to ethical and professional behaviours
- To facilitate students to apply theories and principles of psychology to individual, societal and global issues
- To equip students with effective communication skills to tackle the needs in diverse settings
- To build students’ competencies required for entry into graduate or professional school, or for entry into the world of work
Mode of StudyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits120 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Beeto LEUNGPhD in Psychology, HKU,MPhil in Psychology, BSocSc, CUHKEmail: [email protected]
First Year Entry Tuition Fee (HK$)
Tuition Fee (HK$)
(with subsidy)Year 1$61,900$28,160Year 2$61,900$28,160Year 3$79,780$46,040Year 4$79,780$46,040Programme Total$283,360$148,400Senior Year Entry is availableAssociate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
Senior Year Entry Tuition Fee (HK$)
Tuition Fee (HK$)
(with subsidy)Year 1$79,780$46,040Year 2$79,780$46,040Programme Total$159,560$92,080
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2023/2024 academic year, the annual subsidy is $33,740. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
Degree accredited by HKCAAVQ, admitted into QF Level 5
Eligible to apply for membership of relevant local and oversea professional bodies
Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
Work-integrated Learning Programme to provide guaranteed summer internship relevant to the field of psychology and social services at TWGHs or other organizations to enhance employability
Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists.
Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 15
At least 1 guaranteed overseas study visit arranged to widen students’ horizon and exposure
Eligible to apply for local and oversea professional Master Programmes
Entrance ScholarshipsPlease click here for details.
QF level5QR registration no.17/000512/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2027
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate ProgrammeKing’s Park CampusMa Kam Chan Memorial Building,
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Forensic Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology
31 Wylie Road, Homantin, Hong KongMongkok CampusCheung Kung Hai Memorial Building, 90A,
and Cheung Chin Lan Hong Building, 98,
Shantung Street, Mongkok, Hong KongKwai Hing Campus16/F, Tower 2,
Kowloon Commerce Centre,
51 Kwai Cheong Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong KongTelephone(852) 3190 6678©2023 Tung Wah College Limited. All Rights Reserved.