Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThis Management degree programme provides students with transdisciplinary knowledge on how different organisations in the business and social sectors achieve both economic and social goals. Students learn how the following three types of organizations are able to simultaneously generate profits/surpluses and create social value:
i businesses practising corporate social responsibility (CSR) or creating shared value (CSV)
ii social enterprises
iii non-profit organisations.
Given the programme’s emphasis on experiential learning, students acquire skills to identify and analyse social problems, and work with communities to develop effective, sustainable solutions to these problems. Students also have opportunities to participate in work internships, capstone projects, and overseas study tours.
Some of the Internship Providers (in alphabetical order):
Hong Kong Red Cross
Social Enterprise Business Centre
The Hong Kong Council of Social Service
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits120 credits
Programme LeaderProfessor Albert TeoPhD, MS, University of California, BerkeleyBSocSci(Hons), BA, National University of Singapore
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Year 1$59,050$26,950Year 2$59,050$26,950Year 3$76,100$44,000Year 4$76,100$44,000Programme Total$270,300$141,900Annual Average$67,575$35,475
Senior Year Entry is available
- Associate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
First Year Tuition Fee: HK$ 44,000
Total Tuition Fee: HK$ 88,800
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2019/2020 academic year, the annual subsidy is $31,300. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
- Uniquely designed management degree programme with transdisciplinary knowledge on creating meaning in lives through contributions to society
- Practical curriculum with chance to participate in work internship and capstone project and apply the knowledge and skills in our partner organisations
- Opportunity to interact with stakeholders to map communities' aspirations, needs and assets for developing innovative solutions for the community problems
- Overseas study tour to widen students’ horizon and exposure
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2020/2021 EntryAwarding criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 14 or aboveFULL scholarship after deduction of the subsidy under NMTSS in the first year of study
one Elective / Applied Learning subject
All Senior Year students admitted to the programme with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 3.0 or above, or equivalent.
HK$ 40,000 N/A
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 30,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.19/000674/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2024
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology