Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionBased on the standard set by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) for the education of occupational therapists and made relevant to the practice in Hong Kong context, the programme is designed to provide students with cross-disciplinary general knowledge including foundation courses in Health Sciences, Language and General Education. Discipline-based courses are provided to nurture foundation occupational therapy knowledge and skills and facilitate the integration of essential attitudes, skills and knowledge for practice in occupational therapy. Students will be required to complete at least 1,000 hours of clinical practicum in various settings.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits136 creditsJUPAS Catalogue No.JSST04
Applicants should submit applications through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS). There are NO self-financing places for this programme.
Programme LeaderDr. Vicky TsangPhD (Deakin, Australia); Advanced MAOT with specialization in Developmental Disabilities (NYU, USA); PDOT (HKPoly);
Registered OT in USA, Canada and Hong Kong;Internationally certified in SIPT (HK), NDT in Pediatrics (USA),Conductive Education (Peto Institute, Hungary).
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee* (HK$)Year 1$70,600Year 2$70,600Year 3$70,600Year 4$70,600Programme Total$282,400Annual Average$70,600
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2020/21 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $74,600 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes and $37,300 for laboratory-based sub-degree programmes . The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
QF level5QR registration no.13/000313/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2023
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology