Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to provide students with foundation training in occupational therapy. Through professional administration of assessment and therapeutic occupational activities, people with psychosocial, physical or cognitive dysfunctions, developmental disabilities or post-traumatic experiences can develop, regain or maintain their life functioning and fully participate in their home and community. The objectives of the Programme are as follows:
- To equip students with the ability to integrate theory and practice in occupational therapy.
- To practise occupational therapy in different health care and educational settings.
- To enable students’ eligibility to apply for registration as Registered Occupational Therapists with the Occupational Therapists Board, the Supplementary Medical Professions Council of Hong Kong.
- To advocate health and wellness for all people in the community
- To enhance students’ interpersonal skills, including teamwork and communication skills.
- To foster students’ awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- To develop students’ critical and creative thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits136 creditsJUPAS Catalogue No.JSST04
Applicants should submit applications through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS). There are NO self-financing places for this programme.
Programme LeaderDr. Lawla LAWProfessional Diploma in Occupational Therapy, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)
Master of Science in Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Management, The University of Portsmouth (UK)
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Gerontology, The Flinders University (Australia)
Doctor of Philosophy (Rehabilitation Sciences), The James Cook University (Australia)Email: [email protected]
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$78,650Year 2$78,650Year 3$78,650Year 4$78,650Programme Total$314,600
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2023/24 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $78,280 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
QF level5QR registration no.13/000313/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2013 to 31/08/2025
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Forensic Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology