Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme objectives are as follows:
- To develop students’ capacity in applying knowledge and skills regarding Health Information and Services Management, with reference to the competency frameworks of international professional associations for Health Information and Services Management;
- To equip students with the knowledge in creating, assessing, measuring, and evaluating impacts of biological and clinical information relevant to Health Information and Services Management issues;
- To enhance students’ understanding of Hong Kong healthcare system and the operation of common healthcare facilities in relation to Health Information Management and Health Services Management;
- To equip students with effective communication, as well as coalition- and team-building skills; and
- To provide students with a holistic general education curriculum, to nurture them to become caring and socially responsible citizens, and to equip them with the competencies of facing the challenges.
- Students acquire professional knowledge in Health Sciences, Health Information Management, and Health Services Management.
- Students have opportunities to engage in experiential learning through internships, capstone projects, and industrial visits.
- Students improve their problem-solving skills in Health Information and Services Management by analysing real-life cases.
- Students enhance their skills in communication and collaboration with cross-sectoral professional teams, and also their ability to address management challenges in healthcare operations and development by exercising professional skills and a customer-oriented approach.
Mode of studyMedium of instructionEnglishTotal no. of credits120 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Fowie NgPhD in Health Policy and Management, University of Hull, U.K.
MSc in Health Services Research, University of Hull, U.K.
Professional Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BOLD, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tuition FeeFirst Year EntryTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Year 1$60,930$27,730Year 2$60,930$27,730Year 3$78,530$45,330Year 4$78,530$45,330Programme Total$278,920$146,120Senior Year Entry is availableAssociate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.Senior Year EntryTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Year 1$78,530$45,330Year 2$78,530$45,330Programme Total$157,060$90,660
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2022/2023 academic year, the annual subsidy is $33,200. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Entrance ScholarshipsTung Wah College (TWC) has set up an "Entrance Scholarship Scheme" in recognition of all-round performance of outstanding secondary school or sub-degree graduates who enrol in designated self-financing degree programmes or higher diploma programmes.All students who enrol in the Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours) programme in Academic Year 2022/23 will be offered an entrance scholarship. The awarding criteria are as follows:Awarding criteriaScholarship amount
for local students
(per head)1Scholarship amount
for non-local students
(per head)All Year 1 students admitted to the programmeHK$ 40,000HK$ 30,000All Senior Year students admitted to the programmeHK$ 40,000HK$ 30,0001 The programme is admitted to the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS), an annual subsidy up to HK$33,200 (for 2022/23 academic year) will be provided to qualified Hong Kong students as well.NOTE: A renewable annual scholarship of the same amount will be awarded to students who maintain outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.22/000159/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2027
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology