副学位课程一般资料（只提供英文版本）Higher Diploma in Psychology2 years full-time
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to equip students with foundational psychological knowledge and skills to develop a career in human services, especially in social welfare and healthcare settings. Students will learn the interaction between psychological and social factors in shaping psychological wellbeing, personal development and group behaviours. Graduates will be able to apply knowledge, communication and interpersonal skills, caring attitude as well as professional ethics to work in health and social care and related services. They can also pursue further study in psychology and other related disciplines.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits60 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Alison LeePsyD in Clinical Psychology (Alliant International University)MA in Counselling for Mental Health and Wellness (New York University)BA in Psychology (City University of New York)Email: email@example.com
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$60,930Year 2$60,930Programme Total$121,860
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
- Degree accredited by HKCAAVQ, admitted into QF Level 4
- Direct articulation into TWC’s BSSc (Applied Psychology) upon completion
- Internship relevant to the field of psychology and social services at TWGHs or other organizations to enhance employability
- Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
- Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 12
- Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
- Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
- Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists.
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2022/2023 EntrySelection criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the HD(Psy) Programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 12 or aboveHK$ 20,000
Any other 3 subjects but not more than 2 Applied Learning subjects
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 20,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level4QR registration no.16/000198/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2022