副学位课程一般资料（只提供英文版本）Higher Diploma in Nursing2 years full-time
Programme DescriptionThis is a two-year full-time Training Programme targeted to meet the manpower demand for Enrolled Nurse (EN) (General) in the welfare sector. It is organised and funded by the Social Welfare Department (the SWD), which has commissioned the Tung Wah College (TWC) to provide the training. For details, please refer to the following documents:
Offer will be issued to successful applicants from July 2023.Programme Leaflet:The programme aims to equip students with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the statutory requirements to enroll with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong (NCHK) as an Enrolled Nurse (EN). The objectives are:
- Guide to applications (English version)
- Guide to applications (Chinese version)
- Application form provided by the SWD (to be completed and submitted via the TWC Admission System as ‘Other supporting documents’.
- Information Seminar (to be held on 19 January 2023): Please register HERE.
(1) To develop student’s competence in health promotion, maintenance and restoration, and prevention of illness through the delivery of primary, secondary and tertiary health care in hospital and community settings;
(2) To equip student with effective communication skills for the delivery of individualised care as well as for facilitation of teamwork;
(3) To develop student’s understanding of psychosocial, cultural and environmental dimensions of health and illness;
(4) To equip student with critical, creative and analytical problem-solving skills; and
(5) To develop student’s generic attributes for all-roundness such as capabilities for life-long learning, independent and reflective learning, and values on professionalism
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with CantoneseTotal no. of credits86 credits
Programme LeaderMs. Alice CHANMSc in Management (HSM), The Hong Kong Polytechnic UniversityBSc, University of Paisley, United KingdomFellowship of the Hong Kong College of Health Service Executives (FHKCHSE)Fellowship of Australasian College of Health Service Management (FACHSM)Registered Nurse (Hong Kong)Email: [email protected]
Tuition FeeThe applicant selected for admission to the HD(N) Programme is required to sign an undertaking. The tuition fee is fully reimbursed by Social Welfare Department under the conditions below:
YearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$100,425Year 2$100,425Programme Total$200,850
to complete that Training Programme to the satisfaction of the Social Welfare Department and Tung Wah College;
to be employed as Enrolled Nurse (General) in the welfare sector in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than three years after satisfactory completion of that Training Programme.
Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
The tuition fee is fully reimbursed by Social Welfare Department (SWD) on the conditions that the students complete that training programme to the satisfaction of the SWD and Tung Wah College; and to be employed as Enrolled Nurse (General) in the welfare sector in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than three years after satisfactory completion of that training programme.
All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
QF level4QR registration no.16/000348/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2024