副学位课程一般资料（只提供英文版本）Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology4 years full-time
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to equip students with comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of psychology and enables them to apply this knowledge in social welfare, educational, healthcare and various work settings. Graduates can pursue careers in psychology and related fields as well as further study in professional areas of psychology. The objectives are:
- To equip students with critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills necessary to conduct scientific studies;
- To develop students’ interpersonal competencies in self-awareness, appreciation and acceptance of individual differences and cultural diversity as well as their commitment to ethical and professional behaviours
- To facilitate students to apply theories and principles of psychology to individual, societal and global issues
- To equip students with effective communication skills to tackle the needs in diverse settings
- To build students’ competencies required for entry into graduate or professional school, or for entry into the world of work
Mode of StudyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits120 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Beeto LeungPhD in Psychology, HKU,MPhil in Psychology, BSocSc, CUHKEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Year 1$60,930$27,730Year 2$60,930$27,730Year 3$78,530$45,330Year 4$78,530$45,330Programme Total$278,920$146,120
Senior Year Entry is available
- Associate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
First Year Tuition Fee: HK$ 45,330
Total Tuition Fee: HK$ 90,660
- The College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2022/2023 academic year, the annual subsidy is $33,200. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Degree accredited by HKCAAVQ, admitted into QF Level 5
Eligible to apply for membership of relevant local and oversea professional bodies
Comprehensive syllabus covering theoretical, research-orientated and applied aspects of psychology
Practical courses taught by experienced professors and practitioners (including counselors, educational and clinical psychologists)
Work-integrated Learning Programme to provide guaranteed summer internship relevant to the field of psychology and social services at TWGHs or other organizations to enhance employability
Introduces students to the use of laboratory instruments employed by applied psychologists.
Free English enhancement programme to strengthen students’ language proficiency
Attractive entrance scholarship provided to students admitted with a minimum HKDSE score of 15
At least 1 guaranteed overseas study visit arranged to widen students’ horizon and exposure
Eligible to apply for local and oversea professional Master Programmes
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2022/2023 EntryAwarding criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 14 or aboveFULL scholarship after deduction of the subsidy under NMTSS in the first year of study
one Elective / Applied Learning subject
All Senior Year students admitted to the programme with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 3.0 or above, or equivalent.
HK$ 40,000 N/A
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 30,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.17/000512/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2022