副學位課程一般資料（只提供英文版本）Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education4 years full-time
Programme DescriptionThis programme aims to prepare students for professional careers in early childhood settings. Students will learn the theory and pedagogy of Early Childhood Education to meet the needs of caring and educating for young children (0 to 8 years of age). Exposure to research, as a consumer of practical knowledge and experimenter of research activities, is an anticipated feature of the programme.Education for children with Special Education Need (SEN) is another unique feature of the programme. By acquiring specialized knowledge and skills of special education, the programme enhances students’ abilities to support children with diverse developmental needs.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits129 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Paul WongBSc (Psychology), LU, UK
TCSEN, EdUHK; MEd, CUHK; PhD, HKUEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(Part-time Mode)Year 1$64,700$32,600
$36,650Year 2$64,700$32,600 $36,650Year 3$73,300$41,200 $36,650Year 4$73,300$41,200 $36,650Programme Total$276,000$147,600 $146,600Annual Average$69,000$36,900$36,650
Senior Year Entry is available
- Applicants should have completed a recognized or equivalent Higher Diploma/ Certificate programme in Early Childhood Education ; OR have obtained an equivalent qualification. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
First Year Tuition Fee: HK$ 41,200
Total Tuition Fee: HK$ 82,400
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 20202021 academic year, the annual subsidy is $32,100. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2020/2021 EntryAwarding criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the BEd(ECE) programmes via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 15 or aboveFULL scholarship after deduction of the subsidy under NMTSS in the first year of study
one Elective / Applied Learning subject
All Senior Year students admitted to the programme with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 3.0 or above, or equivalent.
HK$ 40,000 N/A
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 30,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.18/000006/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2022