（只提供英文版本）Higher Diploma in Health Science
2 years full-time
The programme provides opportunities for young people to enter health service industries from a pre-professional level. It is unique in terms of combining the clinical skills with laboratory skills in a two-year training and supporting employment for positions of clinical assistant and laboratory assistant in public/private clinics and medical/ life science laboratories. Moreover, this programme reinforces academic components in biomedical science so that graduates may articulate to a degree programme in medical and health disciplines such as medical science, nursing and other related disciplines.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits60 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Angela LiPhD in Neuroscience, HKU, MSc in Neurophysiology, WCUMS,MD, Suzhou Medical College, China,Member, Society of Neuroscience, USA,Member, Chinese Association of Physiological Science, ChinaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$43,400Year 2$43,400Programme Total$86,800Annual Average$43,400
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2021/22 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $38,400 for laboratory-based sub-degree programmes . The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2021/2022 EntrySelection criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 14 or aboveHK$ 20,000
Any other 3 subjects but not more than 2 Applied Learning subjects
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 20,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level4QR registration no.18/000257/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2021