Being the College’s central office for the management of the facilities associated with built environment, the Facilities Management Office (FMO) has been taking a leading role in ensuring electricity used to maintain the activities and services carried out on campus is consumed in a prudent manner.Some of those essential energy saving measures that have been implemented by FMO is last few years are as follows:
Other than applying various state-of-the-art energy saving technologies. FMO has also implemented different operational plans to save energy. The details are as follows:
- Provision of occupancy sensors for ON/OFF control of lightings equipment in teaching rooms;
- Removal of surplus lightings;
- Partial lift services during building closing hours;
- Re-scheduling lighting schedule;
- Replacement of existing 32W with 26W lamp (KPC LT1);
- Switching off some of the lights when there is enough daylight;
- Issuing control plan to staff on controlling of air-conditioning equipment in library;
- Installation of window solar film (KPC 20/F Hall, KPC 906, MKB 4/F, MKB 6/F);
- Installation of curtain (KPC LT1).
Participating in various energy saving campaigns organized by HKSAR Government or NGOs.
- Cleaning regularly all air filters to ensure no clogging with dust;
- Checking regularly the thermal insulation to identify any damages and loss of integrity;
- Issuing announcements and pamphlets to all students and staff on campus promoting the awareness of energy conservation;