Year 1 entry to Degree ProgrammesFor Year 1 entry to degree programmes, applicants should meet one of the following requirements:
Have obtained Level 3 in Chinese Language and English Language and Level 2 in Mathematics and Liberal Studies plus one Elective/Applied Learning Subject at Level 2 (“3322+2”) in HKDSE; OR
Have passes in AS Use of English and AS Chinese Language and Culture plus one AL subject/two AS subjects in HKALE and Level 2 for Chinese Language and English Language plus passes in three other subjects in HKCEE; OR
Have obtained the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum score of 24 and fulfilled the English language requirements:
- Grade 4 or better in the Higher Level English Language (B Syllabus); or
- Grade 5 or better in the Standard Level English Language (B Syllabus); or
- Grade 4 or better in the Higher or Standard Level English Language (A1 or A2 Syllabus); or
- Grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Text and Performance; or
- Grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Literature and Performance (A1 syllabus); OR
Have obtained equivalent qualifications (such as meeting the admission requirements of a degree programme offered outside Hong Kong)
- Applicants are expected to have studied Chemistry/Combined Science (including Chemistry) as one of their elective subjects. Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained Level 4 or above in HKDSE.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained Level 4 or above in English Language in HKDSE. Candidates may be invited for interview.
- It is expected that prospective students should possess other foundation scientific knowledge eg Biology in order to benefit from learning.
- Applicants should have normal colour vision, as this is normally required for employment in local medical laboratories.
- Applicants should be prepared to handle human samples, tissues and body fluids.