Reporting to the Vice President (Academic), the appointee will be appointed substantively as Professor and concurrently as Dean of the School of Medical and Health Sciences (SMHS). The School is a leading institution in Hong Kong that offers a range of bachelor degree honours programmes in Biomedical Science, Forensic Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Radiation Therapy, High Diploma in Health Science and Advanced Certificates in Occupational Therapy in Applied Geriatrics and Applied Paediatrics. The School nurtures graduates to meet the increasing demand for health care professionals in Hong Kong and contributes to the global healthcare community through research and scholarly activities.
- Lead the educational, research, scholarly and public engagement activities of the School;
- Effectively manage the resources of the School;
- Support the President and Vice Presidents in advancing the College’s vision and goals, including attaining the university title and further the growth of the School through the development of an academic business plan and implementation of strategic initiatives;
- Continuously enhance the research culture and output of the School by increasing its visibility and strengthening its local and international connections through interdisciplinary and impactful research as well as conference organization;
- Oversee academic activities including academic development and validation, quality assurance, examination and assessment, student recruitment, committee works, whole person development activities of students; and
- Undertake professional service to external professional body/organization, and provide public services to the community.
- PhD degree/Professional Doctorate in a relevant discipline;
- Sufficient years of relevant experience in teaching in the tertiary education sector, programme development and programme leadership;
- Demonstrate ability to implement programme improvements and innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement programs;
- Valid practicing certificate issued by the relevant professional body;
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding, manage research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated publications in journals with high impact in the relevant discipline, preferably with international reputation;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a tertiary institution; and
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Fixed term contract will be offered to the appointee with possibility of renewal subject to good performance. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit your application letter, resume and a completed application form (available at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/hro/career/application_guideline) by mail to the Human Resources Office, Tung Wah College Cheung Kung Hai Memorial Building, 90A Shantung Street, Mongkok, Kowloon or email to [email protected]. Please quote the reference number of the post in the application letter and on the envelope. The College reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post. Applicants who are not contacted by the College 4 months after the application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: Until the position is filled
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We also encourage you to share this opportunity with your network.
All information and personal data collected will be used solely for recruitment related purposes. For more information about the College, please visit our website: http://www.twc.edu.hk.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER