The appointee will be required but not limited to:
- support all aspects of academic activities through teaching, research, and consultancy;
- contribute to the planning, formulation and implementation of the College and School’s strategic initiatives and development;
- participate in programme development and validation exercises;
- take up responsibilities in academic and departmental administration;
- guide / facilitate the College in enhancing its visibility and strengthening its local and international connections;
- take the initiative in promoting good teaching and collaborative research;
- supervise and support the work of lecturers involved in prescribed courses/programmes;
- teach courses / subjects according to the operational needs of the College;
- liaise with external bodies for job placements and professional development
- engage in research and have publication output, in accordance with the workload requirements of the College;
- perform scholarly activities;
- increase the publication output and raise the level of consultancies in respective discipline(s);
- oversee / perform academic activities including academic advising, examination and assessment, student recruitment, committee works, whole person development activities of students;
- undertake professional service to external professional body / organization and provide public services to the community; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
The appointee should have:
- a PhD degree or equivalent professional Doctorate in a relevant discipline, with background in social gerontology and/or gerontechnology is an advantage;
- sufficient years of relevant experience in quality teaching in the tertiary education sector, including curriculum development skills, experience in flexible and/or innovative teaching methods;
- programme leadership experience in the discipline of psychology;
- demonstrated success in attracting competitive research funding and publications in international peer review journals (with high impact in the relevant discipline); as well as ability to liaise and effectively communicate with relevant sections of the community, professional bodies, government departments and other external organizations; and
- successful track record in obtaining external competitive grants as Principal Investigator.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit your application letter, resume and a completed application form (available at http://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/hro/career/application_guideline) by mail to the Human Resources Office, Tung Wah College Cheung Kung Hai Memorial Building, 90A Shantung Street, Mongkok, Kowloon or email to [email protected]. Please quote the reference number of the post in the application letter and on the envelope. The College reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post. Applicants who are not contacted by the College 4 months after the application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: Until the position is filled
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
All information and personal data collected will be used solely for recruitment related purposes. For more information about the College, please visit our website: http://www.twc.edu.hk.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER