Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
Special Arrangements for Semester 1, 2019/2020 (from now on till end of semester)18/11/2019
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
The College always takes students’ learning and safety as our top priority and special arrangements have taken place in the past week to cope with the recent chaotic situation in Hong Kong. Having thoroughly considered and assessed the current situation, the College considered that it would still be volatile and unsafe for students to attend classes at campus and decided to adopt the following special arrangements for the rest of Semester 1, 2019/2020 with immediate effect:
1. On-line Teaching
- ALL face-to-face teaching will be substituted by on-line teaching to deliver the remaining contents of the concerned courses.
- Individual course instructors will decide and make special arrangements, including the use of other alternative means for assessment as deemed appropriate.
- ALL practicums will be conducted as scheduled.
- In case a student considers that it would be unsafe for him/ her to attend the scheduled practicum and has to be absent from the concerned practicum, he/ she is required to notify (i) the College’s practicum supervisor(s) and (ii) the concerned hospitals/ clinical units in advance.
- The College may have difficulties in arranging practicums which are mostly determined by the hospitals/ clinical units. Practicum is part of the graduation requirements while making up too many practicums may delay graduation.
- Under the College’s Group Personal Accident insurance policy, accidents involving students are covered from their place of residence to the practicum venue and the other way round.
3. Laboratory Sessions
- ALL laboratory sessions will be conducted as scheduled since teachers’ demonstrations/ students’ practices at the laboratories could hardly be substituted by any other alternative means.
- Students should communicate closely with and approach the concerned Schools/ programmes direct for the arrangement of laboratory sessions.
- ALL examinations will be held as scheduled.
- The College will closely monitor the situation while supplementary/ make-up examinations would be arranged for students’ absence from examinations upon the endorsement of the Programme Examinations Committee and approval of Examinations Board when deemed necessary and appropriate.
Should students have any questions regarding their learning and study, please feel free to approach the concerned Schools/ programmes direct for assistance.