Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Medical Science (Honours)4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThe programme aims to prepare students with firm scientific knowledge and technical expertise. It also provides a scientific foundation for students who intend to pursue postgraduate studies in professional medical and health disciplines such as medicine, dentistry, chiropracty, veterinary science, nursing, physiotherapy etc.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of creditsBasic Medical Sciences (120 credits),
Forensic Science (121 credits)
Programme LeaderProf. Danny GohelPhD, HKU, MPhil, PolyU, BSc (Biology), USF, USA,
BSc (Clinical Chemistry), USF, USA
Fellow and Chartered Chemist, The Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
Fellow and Chartered Scientist, The Institute of Biomedical Science, UKEmail: email@example.com
Tuition FeeTuition Fee (HK$)(without subsidy)Tuition Fee (HK$)(with subsidy)YearBasic Medical SciencesForensic ScienceBasic Medical SciencesForensic ScienceYear 1$96,350$96,350$65,050$65,050Year 2$96,350$97,421$65,050$66,121Year 3$96,350$97,421$65,050$66,121Year 4$96,350$97,420$65,050$66,120Programme Total$385,400$388,612$260,200$263,412Annual Average$96,350$97,153$65,200$65,853
Senior Year Entry is available
- Associate degree / higher diploma holders may apply. For details, please refer to the admission requirements.
First Year Tuition Fee: HK$ 65,050 (Basic Medical Sciences) / HK$ 66,121 (Forensic Science)
Total Tuition Fee: HK$ 130,100 (Basic Medical Sciences) / HK$ 132,241 (Forensic Science)
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- This represents the programme fee after deduction of subsidy of the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). In 2019/2020 academic year, the annual subsidy is $31,300. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2020/2021 EntryAwarding criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 18 or aboveFULL scholarship after deduction of the subsidy under NMTSS in the first year of study
one Elective / Applied Learning subject
All Senior Year students admitted to the programme with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 3.0 or above, or equivalent.
HK$ 40,000 N/A
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 30,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level5QR registration no.12/001146/5 Registration validity period 01/10/2012 to 31/08/2022
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology