Tung Wah College - Diploma in Health Studies - FAQ & Other Information Skip to Content
  • mail
  • blackboard
  • facebook
  • instagram
  • youtube
  • LinkedIn
  • WeChat
  • Search
  • PowerCampus
High Contrast
Font SizeDown Arrow

Down Arrow

FAQ & Other Information

Frequently Asked Questions
What are the unique features of this programme?
This is a two-year part-time programme developed under the “Navigation Scheme for Young Persons in Care Services” in collaboration with Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (TWGHs). Students will be employed by TWGHs as full-time Care Workers to provide personal care and assistance in the residential institutions before admission to the programme. Whole-day classes are conducted on Saturdays at the College.
What will I learn from this programme?
This programme covers the knowledge of health services and residential care for the elderly and disabled persons. The students will:
  • understand the roles and responsibilities of health workers, health needs of the elderly and disabled persons;
  • acquire the basic first aid and resuscitation skills;
  • learn to provide safe, competent personal care and assistance to the residents with physical and cognitive challenges through practices in the residential care homes; and
  • learn to adopt the holistic approach and apply effective communication skills with the residents and the health care team members to promote the physical, psychological, social, cognitive and spiritual well-being of residents.
What else can I learn from this programme apart from those health services and residential care related knowledge?
To help graduates to articulate into higher level of study, the programme also include some generic courses such as creative and critical thinking, language foundations and practical English courses for health workers.
What kind of programme can I articulate into after graduation from this programme?
Graduates may apply for admission to the following programmes:
  • Associate of Health Studies offered by Tung Wah College
  • Higher Diploma in Psychology offered by Tung Wah College
Is this diploma programme recognized by any professional bodies?
The first year of the programme is developed according to the requirement of the Combined Health Worker Training Course stipulated by the Social Welfare Department (SWD), HKSAR. Students who have successfully completed the first year of the programme are eligible to apply for registration with SWD, HKSAR as a Health Worker.
What are the career opportunities available for the graduates?
Graduates are qualified to work as a registered Health Worker in a variety of health care settings (e.g. residential care homes, homes for the elderly, nursing homes, elderly centres, etc.)

Tung Wah College Logo
King’s Park Campus
Ma Kam Chan Memorial Building,
31 Wylie Road, Homantin, Hong Kong
Mongkok Campus
Cheung Kung Hai Memorial Building, 90A,
and Cheung Chin Lan Hong Building, 98,
Shantung Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Kwai Hing Campus
16/F, Tower 2,
Kowloon Commerce Centre,
51 Kwai Cheong Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
(852) 3190 6678