Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionProgramme Leaflet:The programme aims to prepare students to become professional physiotherapists that meet the requirements of the local registration board and international entry-level physiotherapy education standards. The objectives are:
- to nurture students to become professional physiotherapists with a caring attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills,
- to develop students’ commitment for lifelong learning and ability to serve the healthcare needs in the community,
- to provide students with a diverse range of learning experiences, including small group teaching and discussion with teachers, community service and realistic clinical practice opportunities. The programme includes over 1,000 hours of clinical placements in different settings such as hospital in-patient and out-patient departments, as well as community-based rehabilitation centres,
- to enhance students’ all-rounded development as a mature healthcare professional with problem-solving and leadership skills, as well as global perspective.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits135 credits
JUPAS Catalogue No. JSST05
Applicants should submit applications through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS). There are NO self-financing places for this programme.
Programme LeaderProfessor Grace SzetoPhD, Curtin University, Australia
MSc(Appl Sc), Curtin University, Australia
BSc(PT), University of Toronto, Canada
Registered Physiotherapist (HK)Registered Physiotherapist (Australia)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$80,080Year 2$80,080Year 3$80,080Year 4$80,080Programme Total$320,320
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2022/23 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $77,040 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
QF level5QR registration no.18/000434/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2023
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes+ Certificate Programme
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Information and Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology