Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationHigher Diploma in Health Science2 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
The programme provides opportunities for young people to enter health service industries from a pre-professional level. It is unique in terms of combining the clinical skills with laboratory skills in a two-year training and supporting employment for positions of clinical assistant and laboratory assistant in public/private clinics and medical/ life science laboratories. Moreover, this programme reinforces academic components in biomedical science so that graduates may articulate to a degree programme in medical and health disciplines such as medical science, nursing and other related disciplines.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits60 credits
Programme LeaderDr. Angela LiPhD in Neuroscience, HKU, MSc in Neurophysiology, WCUMS,MD, Suzhou Medical College, China,Member, Society of Neuroscience, USA,Member, Chinese Association of Physiological Science, ChinaEmail: email@example.com
Tuition Fee (HK$)Year 1$42,200Year 2$42,200Programme Total$84,400Annual Average$42,200
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2020/21 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $74,600 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes and $37,300 for laboratory-based sub-degree programmes . The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Entrance ScholarshipsEntrance Scholarships for 2020/2021 EntrySelection criteriaScholarship amount (per head)Subjects for calculation of HKDSE scoreAll Year 1 students admitted to the programme via standard entry with a HKDSE score of 14 or aboveHK$ 20,000
Any other 3 subjects but not more than 2 Applied Learning subjects
NOTE: An annual scholarship of HK$ 20,000 will be renewable for students maintaining outstanding academic achievements with cGPA 3.3 or above during the normative study period of the concerned programme.
QF level4QR registration no.18/000257/L4 Registration validity period 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2021
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology