Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
General InformationBachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science4 years full-time
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
Programme DescriptionThe programme provides the foundation training for adopting a career in Medical Laboratory Science. The first year will be devoted mainly to General Education and foundation scientific learning. From the second year onwards, students will be taught the principles and practice of the 4 major sub-specialties of Medical Laboratory Science: Anatomical & Cellular Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Haematology & Transfusion Science, and Medical Microbiology & Virology. There will be a 12-week clinical practicum in the first semester of the fourth year during which students will receive practical training in public and/or private hospital medical laboratories. Graduates are eligible for registration as a Medical Laboratory Technologist“醫務化驗師”(Part II). This statutory registration is a prerequisite for employment in local public and private health services.
Mode of studyMedium of InstructionEnglishTotal no. of credits135 creditsJUPAS Catalogue No.JSST02
Applicants should submit applications through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS). There are NO self-financing places for this programme.
Programme LeaderProfessor Joseph LeePhD in Toxicology/Pathology, HKU, BSc in Biochemistry, Hull University, UK
Fellow, National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry, USA
Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
Chartered Scientist and Chartered Chemist, UK
Fellow, Hong Kong Society of Clinical Chemistry
Accredited Clinical Biochemist, Register of Department of Health
Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist (Part I), HKEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition FeeYearTuition Fee* (HK$)Year 1$62,675Year 2$62,675Year 3$62,675Year 4$62,675Programme Total$250,700Annual Average$62,675
- Tung Wah College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
- Tuition fees are normally charged by two instalments per annum and are payable before the commencement of each semester. New students are required to settle the balance of the tuition fee for the first semester (i.e. after deducting deposit) upon programme registration in August.
- Students are required to pay additional fees for all retake/additional courses which would be charged at the rate of the normal cohort and be calculated by the number of credits to be taken. Please refer the details in the College’s Fees Regulation at https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area.
- The tuition fee for the programme under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) is the net fee paid by a student after deduction of subsidy from the Government. In 2020/21 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $74,600 for laboratory-based undergraduate programmes and $37,300 for laboratory-based sub-degree programmes . The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the decision by the Education Bureau.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For more details about the College's tuition fee payment schedule and fees regulation, please refer to the "Tuition Fee Payment Schedule" and "Fees Regulation" at "https://www.twc.edu.hk/en/Administration_Units/fo/our_service/student-area".
QF level5QR registration no.17/000003/L5 Registration validity period 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2022
PROGRAMMES+ Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
+ Sub Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Social and Business Sustainability
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Gerontology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Applied Psychology