Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
JSST03: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy (SSSDP)Programme Information for 2021/2022 EntryProgramme codeJSST03Study levelBachelor’s degreeProgramme full title (English)Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation TherapyProgramme full title (Chinese)放射治療學(榮譽)理學士Programme short nameBSc(RT)Programme duration4 yearsURLStudy AreaMedicine, Dentistry and Health SciencesShort descriptionThis programme aims to prepare professional practitioners in Radiation Therapy. The programme consists of both academic curriculum and clinical practicum in hospital. Students are expected to consolidate and apply their acquired Radiation Therapy knowledge in clinical practice throughout the 4 years of undergraduate education. Successful graduates are eligible to apply for registration under the Hong Kong Radiographers Board and practise as a Radiation Therapist with a valid license. Major target employers include both public and private hospitals with a Radiotherapy department.ContactRegistry – Admissions Team
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
firstname.lastname@example.orgEntry requirementsCore subjectsMinimum LevelChinese Language3English Language3Mathematics2Liberal Studies2Elective SubjectsMinimum LevelOne of the following elective subjects:
Biology 3 Chemistry 3 Physics 3 Combined Science 3 Integrated Science 3 Health Care Practice DI
‘DI’ denotes ‘Attained with Distinction (I)’. For 2012-2017 HKDSE results, ‘Attained with Distinction’ is considered to be comparable to ‘Attained with Distinction (I)’.Alternative Qualification(s) in Chinese Language (for NCS applicants only):ExaminationMinimum grade requiredGeneral Certificate of Education Examination (GCE) – (Advanced Level) (only UK accredited GCE will be considered)Grade E or aboveGeneral Certificate of Education Examination (GCE) – (Ordinary Level) (only UK accredited GCE will be considered)Grade C or aboveGeneral Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (GCSE)Grade C or aboveInternational General Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (IGCSE)Grade C or aboveRequirement remark
Interview requirementYes (on a selective basis)Intake quota15Tuition feesAnnual tuition fees after deduction of subsidy from the Government:2021/20222022/20232023/20242024/2025HK$71,750HK$71,750HK$69,650HK$69,650
- Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained Level 3 or above in Physics, Integrated Science or Combined Science with Physics in HKDSE.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained Level 4 or above in English Language in HKDSE.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained Level 3 or above in Mathematics (Compulsory Part) and Liberal Studies.
- Applicants should have normal colour vision, as this is usually required for employment in radiotherapy departments of public and private hospitals.
The College will adjust the tuition fee of its programmes based on the Composite Consumer Price Index to be announced by the Government annually.
The above tuition fee is net of annual subsidy under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). In 2021/22 academic year, the annual subsidy under the SSSDP is $76,800 for laboratory-based programmes. The annual subsidy amount may vary in each academic year subject to the announcement by the Education Bureau. For details, please visit http://www.cspe.edu.hk/sssdp. Only local students are eligible to be subsidised under SSSDP.2019 JUPAS Programme Admission ScoreProgrammeMeanJSST03 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiation Therapy22.8The Admission Score is computed by the best five subjects in HKDSE, where Level 2 = 2 points, Level 3 = 3 points, Level 4 = 4 points, Level 5/5*/5** = 5/6/7 points.Programme LeaderProfessor Tang Fuk HayPhD, CityU; M.Phil, PolyU; BSc(Hons), UEA
DCR (R), PRDCU, FHKCRRT.Tel: 3468 6729
Application Procedures+ Prospective Students
+ Current Students
- Online Application
- Application Procedures
- Admission Requirements
- Programme Information
- Scholarship and Financial Assistance
- Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme
- Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (2021/2022)
- Programme Registration for 2020/2021 Entry
- Programme Registration for 2020/2021 Entry (JUPAS programmes)
- Application for Refund of Deposit
- Academic Calendar
- Student Handbook
- Course Registration
- Course Exemption / Credit Transfer
- Examination Arrangements
- General Education Curriculum (for students admitted in 2018/2019 and thereafter)
- PowerCAMPUS Self-Service
- PowerCAMPUS Self-Service User Guide (for Students)
- Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Adverse Weather Arrangement
- Information for New Students (2020/2021 Entry)