Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate ProgrammeNews & Events
Tung Wah College Global Student Ambassador (TWCGSA)
Tung Wah College Global Student Ambassador (TWCGSA) aims to nurture a culture of civic engagement and enhance an atmosphere of widening horizon among campus and students. It provides valuable opportunities for students to learn to serve and serve to learn as an ambassador for TWC and as a student representative of the College in serving the community.
Benefits of being a Global Student Ambassador
Students will have opportunities to:
- join a series of exclusive training programmes to develop leadership skills and other soft skills.
- participate in ambassadorship services inside and outside the College to become a mature person who would always be aware of global concern issues and corresponding responsibilities.
- widen the horizons and enrich their knowledge of the globe
- represent TWC as ambassadors in the college-wides functions & events
Levels of Ambassadorship
Level 1 - Trainee Ambassador
Trainee Ambassadors will be required to fulfill the requirements under all three categories including:
1. Training Programme*;
2. Ambassadorship Service Hours# and;
3. Panel Interview^
before they can progress to become “Student Ambassadors”.
*Trainee Ambassadors are required to attend at least TWO training programmes under the three main categories including Leadership & Soft Skills, Global Culture and Global Concern (the two training programmes should not belong to the same category).
#Trainee Ambassadors are required to provide voluntary service inside or outside the College to fulfill 10 service hours via participation in at least 2 services.
^Trainee ambassadors who completed the training programme and service hours as required will be invited to an interview before progressing to become “Student Ambassadors”. The academic result and disciplinary record would be considered. The interview panel consists of three SAO staff as appointed by the Head of SAO.
Level 2 - Student Ambassador
Trainee Ambassadors who fulfilled training requirements and service hours would be invited to a penal interview. Successful Trainee Ambassadors who passed the interview would become Student Ambassadors.
Level 3 - Honoured Ambassador
By further successful completion of the TWGSA training and serving hours, Student Ambassadors would be nominated to become Honoured Ambassadors.
Global Awareness Outstanding Award
Both the Student Ambassador and Honoured Ambassador are eligible to compete for the Global Awareness Outstanding Award. Students have to propose topics regarding some critical local or global issues and carry out a group research project.
There are four types of awards: Champion, First Runner-up, Second Runner-up and Merit Award. Awardees would be presented the awards in the Scholarship and Award Presentation Ceremony which is an annual event of the College.
Global Concern Team and Community Service Team
For details, please read the TWCGSA Guidebook.
- You can apply online all-year-round (Online Application)
- Strongly advised joining the TWCGSA in your first year of study
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 3190 6660
Our Services+ Student Counselling and Support+ Student Development
+ Other Support ServiceNEWS & EVENTSKing’s Park CampusMa Kam Chan Memorial Building,
- Cantonese Opera Fund
- Community Service Programme
- Funds and other support schemes
- Gathering with TWC Presidents and Students
- Outstanding Student Awards
- Peer Mentorship Programme
- Service Learning Tours
- Support for Student Leaders and Student Organisations
- ICAC Ambassador Programme 2022/23
- Tung Wah College Global Student Ambassador (TWCGSA)
31 Wylie Road, Homantin, Hong KongMongkok CampusCheung Kung Hai Memorial Building, 90A,
and Cheung Chin Lan Hong Building, 98,
Shantung Street, Mongkok, Hong KongKwai Hing Campus16/F, Tower 2,
Kowloon Commerce Centre,
51 Kwai Cheong Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong KongTelephone(852) 3190 6678©2023 Tung Wah College Limited. All Rights Reserved.