Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
Sub Degree Programmes
TWC Search New UI
Diploma ProgrammeCertificate Programme
For search purposes, you do not need to Log On to use the TWC Search in Library (http://www1.twc.edu.hk/library). Log On verifies your Patron information and allows you to access the following personalized functions:
- My Account
- View personal loans, requests and fines
- Request and renew items online
- Save searches and create search alerts
How to Log On: Click the Sign in button and Sign in with your user ID and password.
User ID Password Staff Same as your e-mail login name Same as your e-mail login password Students Same as your e-mail login name Same as your e-mail login password
* Remember to Log Off your record after use. ** To change password, please refer to the Change Password page from ITSO.
Type in the keywords and click "Search" button. The default search scope is searching all materials.
All search terms are case insensitive. Use double quotes (" ") for searching a phrase, e.g. "occupational therapy". Use truncation symbols such as * or ? to look for variations of an English word. For example, enter chin* to retrieve records with the word chinese or china; enter wom?n to find records with the word woman or women. If you want to use more than one search option at a time, or want to further limit your search results, please select Advanced Search. You may choose searching in three search group: TWC Search, Library catalogue, Union Search.
Tab: TWC Search --- A full Discovery for everything (both printed and e-Resources) from the library, the Internet and Primo Central. Ideal for quick search and electronic materials to be remotely accessed.
Tab: Library Holdings --- Discover printed books, journals, audio-visual materials and other materials in Tung Wah College (TWC) Library. Ideal for physical items (e.g. books) to be borrowed from the library.
Tab: Union Search --- A one-stop search interface to discover and access the library collections of TWC and other four institutions.
You may choose up the following search options at a time, and / or different criteria for limiting your search, e.g. by Format, Collection, Language, and /or Year.
Search Options Description Examples All Keywords Keywords of title, series, author, subject, table of contents "Occupational therapy" OR "職業治療" Title Keywords of title tale of two cities Author Keywords of author Freud, Sigmund OR Hospital Authority Subject Keywords of Library of Congress Subject Heading (English Only) nursing OR comput* Call Number Exact first few sections of call number RT41 .b465 2011 ISSN/ISBN Exact International Standard Book or Serial Number 9789888016167 Publisher Keywords of publisher Elsevier or Oxford
1. All search terms are case insensitive. Use double quotes (" ") for searching a phrase, e.g. "occupational therapy".
2. Use truncation symbols such as * or ? to look for variations of an English word. For example, enter chin* to retrieve records with the word chinese or china; enter wom?n to find records with the word woman or women.
Limiting Search & focus on what you need
Narrow your results to peer-reviewed journals, online or physical items.
Use facets to get what you need (click Resource Type, Subject, Creation date, Author/Creator, Language, Classification LCC).
Result List in Brief View
Check item availability by clicking the View online or Location & availability tabs to access or retrieve an item. To view Online e-Resources, click the "online access" or "Full text available"
For printed item, check the availability in Availability tab. If the item is unavailable, click the full view and check the location & status information.
Result List in Full View
Click the title of the item in Brief View
- Get it section: (for printed material only) Find the location and status of the item here
- View online section: (for online resources only) Click the link here to access the online resources
- Details section: Review item information e.g. publisher, format
- Link section: Access the link to Classic Library Catalogue
- Virtual Browse section: Click Virtual browse for related items based on the Library of Congress call number (books and physical items)
Making a Hold Request
You can ONLY make hold requests for Circulation Collection materials (main items) when all the title's available copies are checked out or reserved by another user. Each staff or student can make a total of five (5) hold requests concurrently.To make a hold request:
- Sign in with you ID & password
- Search the library material.
- Click on the title to full result view and check the status in Get it section
- Click on "Hold" button and choose the pickup location.
- Click "SEND REQUEST" button.
- After submitting the hold request, you will be notified by email when the material becomes available.
- Remember to Log off after use.
Citations/Print a record
If you want the citation of a selected item, you would choose the button "Citation" or click "Export RIS" to export the citation to other citation tool e.g. Mendeley. If you want to share the URL, please click "Permalink" and copy the URL. If you want the print out a selected item, please click the button "Print".
Save my search results
Please Log On if you would like to save a result. If you have found some really useful results you can save them in your Favourites for later viewing. To save selected search results click on the drawing pin icon on the right hand side of the screen.
Saved records are grouped by adding one or more labels to each record.To add a label to an individual record click on the pencil icon at the bottom of the record. You can select a previously used label or add a new one by typing it in the new box.
Save my search query
When your search is saved you will get a message at the top of the screen.
Clicking on the Turn on notification for this query link will set up an email alert for any new resources added to TWC Library based on your search query.
My borrowing Record
To access your Borrowing Record:
- Sign in your personal account with the TWC email login ID & password
- Click the Menu at the top right corner and click My account
- You can view your loans records, Hold request record, Fine & fees
Renewing Checked-out items
References cited in journal articles and, journal articles citing the one you have found, are usually on similar subjects.
- Looking at the references cited in the article, you have founds allows you to search back in time.
- Looking at the references citing the article, you have found allows you to search forward in time.
Clicking on citing this or cited in this will display a list of titles which have either cited the article you have found or, were cited in the article you have found. Click on a title to see the Detailed Record for an article.
Remember to Log Off your record after use. Click on Log Off at the top right-hand side of the page.
Guides and Tutorials+ Subject Guides
- Academic Integrity and Plagiarism
- Accounting & Tax
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Career Development
- Early Childhood Education
- English Language
- Forensic Science
- Health Services Management
- Health Studies
- Literature Review
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Social and Business Sustainability
- Radiation Therapy
- Referencing & Citation
- Research Method
- Study Skills
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education